Thursday, March 29, 2018

THE FOUNDATION THAT IS WORTH THE HYPE AND HERE IS WHY (BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS)


Ladies, I have been on a journey to good skin this year. Instead of caking on layers of foundation to create the "good skin effect" I have decided to take care of my skin by using good skincare and of course, high quality foundations. Previously, I would dispense two pumps of foundation to cover my entire face, these days, I would use a quarter of a pea size for my entire face. Whilst a quarter of a pea size of a rather average foundation wouldn't do a whole lot for my skin. However, if it is a quality, high performing foundation, it makes a significant difference. 

I was swept off my feet after using Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear (rrp $57AUD), my verdict is synonymous with the thousands of men and women who have tried and reviewed Teint Idole on Lancôme's website. This velvet matte foundation delivers and it delivers well. 



Blended

Let's have a look at the claims before we go into anything else... 

  • 24 hr staying power
  • Full coverage without discomfort, streaks or caking
  • Re-touch free, shine free and transfer proof
  • Velvet Matte finish 
  • Available in 40 shades

Now let's talk through my verdict...

  • I have been testing shade 01, it's a light olive colour that is comparable to NC25. 
  • I would never wear any makeup for 24 hours so I was unable to do the 24hr test, but I did the 12 hour test and the foundation stayed put with a small amount of slip on my nose at the 10hr mark, although I rub my nose frequently and I often forget I have makeup on. Nonetheless, my skin would still look flawless. 
  • The consistency of the foundation is creamy but not too thick nor too runny. I use Glam by Manicare's foundation brush (a fantastic brush by the way) and it blends seamlessly.
  • This foundation is indeed full coverage (buildable) and covers redness like a dream, but most importantly, it's unbelievably lightweight. As claimed, I didn't notice any discomfort, streaks or caking. Once applied, I didn't really look like I had foundation on my face. Just look at the before and after photos below, I promise you, that's a quarter of a pea size.
  • The finish is absolutely beautiful - velvet matte! I have dehydrated/combination skin and this foundation sits on my skin beautifully without enhancing any dry patches at any given time.
  • There is a slight scent to the foundation and it's pleasant!
  • This is just an overall long lasting, beautiful finish, natural looking, light weight foundation.... all in one bottle. 
Before and After Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation

After 10 hours of wear

Products featured were provided for editorial purpose

1 comment:

  1. wow looks so natural! love the fact that it is lightweight foundation and buildable. And anything that doesn’t require retouching is gold for me ☺️ Great review hun!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts