Saturday, April 29, 2017

Essence My Must Haves, I Love Colour Primer and Volume Stylist Lash Extension Mascara Review


Ladies and gents, I have been a bit of a couch potato lately and watching the entire season of 13 Reasons Why, Iron Fist... and was hooked on Salem

Believe me, Essence's new range is just as addictive.

Left to Right: Raspberry Frosting

ESSENCE MY MUST HAVES

This is a fabulous palette that you can refill with the shades YOU love! You can customise 4 or 8 shadows (yes an 8 palette is available!) via a selection of 20 whopping eyeshadow shades to chose from as well as five blushes and three lip powders (included: a pink lip base for the lip powder, a highlighter and a bronzer as well as fixing powder).

The wear time of the shadows is approximately 5 hours and slightly longer with a base. My favourite is Raspberry Frosting - I never thought I would ever use a pink eyeshadow! But I love a touch of pink on my lids. One thing I need to note, the glitter resides on the top layer of the shadow, not throughout the entire shadow, I wish it did!

Peach Party is more of a highlighter base shade, it's beautiful to wear alone on the lids or as a highlighter on the cheeks.

Black as a Berry is a great crease or liner shade, I do tend to lean towards deep purple shades on my lids.

Single shadows are $3.05 a pop, love them!


ESSENCE I LOVE COLOUR EYE PRIMER

I don't usually use primers, it's a step that I ALWAYS forget, however I did feel that this primer did extend the longevity of my shadows beyond 5 hours (I'd say approximately 6-6.5?) and it did slightly enhance the colour intensity.

This primer is creamy easy to blend and fast drying, if you have discoloured lids, this primer will help with simple colour corrections.

Due to my mornings being time-poor, I feel that I will reserve this product to being used for the weekend and events!

ESSENCE VOLUME STYLIST LASH EXTENSION MASCARA

Oh how I wanted to love this mascara! This mascara contains soft lengthening fibers that does not fall off my lashes and into my eyes like the conventional short thick and straight fibers you'd find in mascaras.

This mascara did lengthen my lashes and made them look longer and fluffier. I recommend users to twirl the mascara wand whilst it is still in the bottle to ensure fibers are grasped by the wand.

I love the shape of the wand, it's relatively thin - therefore able to reach hard to reach places, with longer bristles around the centre of the wand and thinner towards the outer. Brilliant design.

I have worn this mascara on several occasions, for short term this mascara is good, however it does not hold curls of my naturally straight lashes - which is OK given not many non-waterproof/non-tubular mascaras can. However when I wore this for longer than a 5-6 hour period (I do have watery eyes so it really put mascaras to the test) and I experienced some smudging to my lower lids.

VIDEO DEMO



1 comment:

  1. I love that you can fill the palette with shades you choose yourself! I've been meaning to do an Inglot Freedom palette for ages but maybe I should look at the Essence one :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts