First Impression: O Cosmedics Immortal Cream and Hydra Mist
Hope everyone is having a great start to 2017! I can't believe we are nearing the end of January, I have a feeling this year is going to fly, even faster than last year.
I spent the past couple of days catching up on Resident Evil movies, is it just me or does Milla Jovovich look amazing and doesn't age?! That made me think about all the high performing skincare brands, the miracle creams you'll find in salons however never commonly spoken of. Brands like O Cosmedics.
Today we will look at two products from O Cosmedics, their professional strength Immortal Cream and Hydra Mist.
O COSMEDICS IMMORTAL CREAM $102
- Contains super-antioxidants and potent concentration of V8 Peptide Complex
- Fortified and mega doses of Vitamin C to awaken and hydrate the skin
- Assists with relaxation of the muscles and reverse signs of ageing
- Perfect for line and wrinkle, age prevention and super hydration
- Apply 1-2 pumps to face, throat and around eyes every morning and/or evening
- By applying 1 pump per day, your Immortal Cream will last approximately 125 days by applying 2 pumps, your cream will last 62 days.
- Let's start with the packaging which I absolutely love, I like to apply my skincare using my fingers, but at the same time I hate the contamination (and my spatula is always no where to be found when I need it!). I have seen this push dispense mechanism previously and it seems to be on the rise, I personally think it's genius and so glad it's been utilised by O Cosmedics because every dose is fresh. I would not want such a high performing cream to go to waste or endure contamination.
- The Immortal cream has been listed on several websites as the best night cream or the "best seller". The cream is light-weight and chop a block full of potent anti-oxidants.
- One pump covers my entire face, the cream is rich yet not sticky and provides optimal hydration to my face. The texture is creamy however non-greasy and dries quickly upon application.
- My face felt hydrated to the max and plump after application, this cream also double up as an eye cream. I am starting to develop some very fine lines on my forehead and will need to keep using this to determine whether it will eliminate those lines. Although do keep in mind that I usually like to use skincare as the first step of prevention.
- The price point of this product is something to be discussed, however if you think about 125 days worth it's probably the price of 2 one off facials. To be honest, prior to blogging and receiving samples, I would splurge on clinical grade skincare (for my mother at that time) once per year (i.e., a $205 eye cream... yup, you get the idea) a lot of the time there is a difference in quality and performance value.
O COSMEDICS ANTIOXIDANT HYDRA-MIST $52
- Antioxidant Hydra-Mist is a liquid hydrator for on the go, suitable for your hand bag.
- Containing powerful antioxidant perfect for topping up and restoring hydration and fighting free radical damage.
- An all round skin health products for face and body
- Antioxidant Hydra-Mist can be sprayed whenever your skin is feeling dry or stressed.
- Can also be used as a makeup setting spray.
- Perfect for all skin types.
- This is definitely a hand bag friendly spray and in this hot weather, there is nothing I need more than a mist to replenish my dehydrated skin throughout the day.
- The nozzle dispense a perfect amount of mist covering most of my face, since it's only a 50ml bottle, I've only been using this on my face only - must savour! My skin does feel more hydrated after use. However I must admit that it is difficult to pin-point an exact difference. Nonetheless, it's been put to good use as a general mist over and under makeup.
- If you love vanilla scents, you are in luck, the mist smells entirely of vanilla goodness, however I must note that the scent is quite strong!