La Roche-Posay Serozinc Review
The past couple of weeks have been crazy, busy at work and busy at home. I recently decided to bring a new member into our family, a 7 week old love bird named Tolly (gender unknown). Little fella is extremely active, enjoys climbing and playing with toys .. and it's been such a tough gig to get it to eat!! The pet store person old us we have to hand feed it for another month, so everyone has been taking shifts feeding baby Tolly.
Since I'm not well rested and have lots on my mind, my skin had gone a bit funny with blemishes, dry spots and redness. Now, I've actually stopped using a toner because I'm lazy and toning takes time using a cotton pad. Serozinc landed at my door not long ago and timing couldn't have been more perfect.
- Serozinc is an international cult product that launched in Australia this month. It's a mist that will purify, sooth and matify. A product designed to target oily, acne prone and irritated skin.
- Pores are visibly tightened and complexion smoothened, it makes the perfect makeup base.
- Serozinc contains three ingredients only: Zinc Sulphate (reduce excess oil and matifies skin), Sodium Chloride (natural salt to cleanse and purify skin) and Spring Water (sooth and cleanse).
- Designed for daily use, highly recommended for oily, acne prone skin or those who would like to prolong the wear of their makeup.
- This product is preservative free , fragrance free and hypoallergenic
How to use?
1. Cleanse with your usual cleanser
2. Close your eyes and spray Serozinc all over your face
3. Apply moisturiser
Price: $19.99 - $23.95 (from Priceline and Chemist Warehouse)
- I've been using this product after every cleanse for the past couple of weeks and I can't put it down. My face felt instantly hydrated and recharged after a spray of Serozinc.
- My skin is problematic on an intermittent basis, mainly redness, breakouts, pores and recently a very oily T-Zone. I do feel like my skin had tightened to some degree following the spray, I'm yet to see my pores actually reduce in size, but that will take a long time given my grand-canyon equivalent pores.
- My skin had calmed down significantly after using Serozinc for the past couple of weeks, I saw reductions in redness, bumps and what not during "that time of the month" I have been a little bit naughty and haven't moisturised as well since using this product, even though it's a product designed for oily and acne prone skin, it hydrates incredible well. Kudos!
- The mist is very quickly absorbed and there's no particular scent to the product, it's a light mist that can be sprayed evenly across your face with it's aerosol design. Maybe I'm just really weak with no upper limb strength, I find the spray button a tiny bit difficult to press (compared to my deodorant), I need to hold the bottle with one hand and use the other hand to press down on the button to dispense the mist.
- I've always wondered why this 3 ingredient product is a cult favourite, now I know. I've used a few products from La Roche Posay and it's quickly climbing to the top of my skincare ladder!
*This product was provided for editorial purposes only, all opinions are my own