Saturday, May 17, 2014

Masquerade Makeup breakdown and Photobooth Pictures


 I went to my boyfriend's cousin's 21st masquerade party last weekend. A nice venue, bar tab, double tiered chocolate mudcake and a photobooth. Admittedly, it's been a while since I've attended a 21st as most of my friends are sprinting towards their mid 20s.

I couldn't help but to think back to my own 21st (click here) - a disaster by the way, I was carried home by three friends at 10pm with one too many long islands. Although I was mildly unconscious, I could hear them talk, "She looks skinny but she's so heavy!!! Let's take her shoes off and cut some weight"

Sometimes I wished that I had a conventional 21st..... venue, family, food, speeches and a dance floor.

Anywho, for this 21st, we "kind of" dressed up, boyfriend wore a batman mask and I wore some sparkly mask.

I had a lot of fun with this new found photobooth. I've heard legends of "the booth" at various parties... it was like the lockness monster to me, heard but never seen.


 




 Here's a few of my favourite photos from the booth.










Now to the makeup breakdown...

Face
  • Shiseido Hydro liquid compact foundation
  • Revlon age defying concealer
Eyes
  • Shiseido shimmering cream eye colour in SV810
  • Shiseido eyelash curler 
  • Benefit they're real mascara
Cheeks
  •  Bobbi Brown bronzing powder in Light
Lips
  • Klara Cosmetics kiss proof lips in 03


The actual colour is a lot darker and brighter than this.
The actual colour is a lot brighter and darker than this. More like a dark maroon-pink.



And my favourite teddy bear scarf :)

What did you do for your 21st?

11 comments:

  1. I haven't seen a photo booth at a party, either hahaha
    It's great you had a lot of fun (^O^)
    Your masks look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me photobooth fun! I love how simple your eye make up is!

    My 21st was more on the traditional side but I remember thinking how poorly I had organised it! LOL but whenever I look back on my photos I can't help going, 'I didn't do too bad. At least I look good in these photos!'.

    LOL girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the lips lily!! you guys look like you had so much fun!!

    Multitasking Damsel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photo-booths are a hoot! Looks like you made the most of them :) Love your memories of your 21st haha, wish I could do mine over again, will have to wait for the 40th instead eeekk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a lot of fun! :) I never tried Klara before. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your boyfriend seem so fun-loving, it's super cute! Love the photobooths - seen them at 2 weddings. Ahh... 21st! I'm 30 now, so it's light years way back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your eye makeup look so pretty. Photo booths add so much fun to parties. It seems like forever go that I attended a 21st birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG... Had to come back, have you watched latest Orphan Black ep?? I am so hooked!! Was sorta hoping Paul was gonna be a good guy, can't wait for next episode :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look like you had great time there! love your breakdown btw :D i can hope to imitate

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts