Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cafe Ish - Surry Hills


Chai Latte
My apologies, once again... no idea why the above picture is up-right... blogspot must really hate me. I've been drinking quite a few chai lattes as of late. Cafe Ish amazed me... REAL chai leaves brewed in a small tea pot of latte. I quite liked it. Irrespective of my incoherence... a quarter of my latte went on my dress. As Lauren quite often say, "Can't take you anywhere".

Crab Omlette
Crab omelette, kara-age soft shell crab, avocado and shallots, garlic, chilli, soy, ginger dressing $16.5
We are too reliant on Urbanspoon... but this was the outcome of our research, crab omlette. I quite like my soft shell crabs and my love affair with eggs is no secret. Maybe it's because I had a long night, this oily thing sat nicely in my tummy. It was delish. A hint of sweetness from the sauce combined with the crunchiness of the crabs = a heavenly meal. The avocado was quite creamy and "re-freshing"... the omlette... well it's an omlette... you can't go wrong with omlette-s. I'm not convinced by ginger, but it suited this dish fairly nicely, it wasn't over-powering but taste-able. I like balance. Probably wouldn't be able to eat this whole or all to myself, a bit too heavy. I recommend this as a sharing dish.


Ai's Freaking Awesome Fried Chicken

Ai’s freaking awesome fried chicken- vinegar, shallot & garlic sauce $14.5
We were keen to try the wagyu ribs, but apparently it's no longer a part of their menu... so we settled for some freaking awesome fried chicken! Alas, the name did not lie, it was some bloody good chicken. Interesting combo, sweet-ish, sour with the kind of fried dried up garlic from migoreng. Chicken was succulent, with a crunchy batter. Oh, this only came in "sets"--- as in a side of rice and miso soup. Wasn't too big on the miso soup they served.. it was a little bitter.


Cafe Ish... I'm impressed... Look forward to my next visit as I drop your cutlery and spill your lattes :)


Café Ish on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts